Category:Family GameStrategy GameExpansionCity Building
Mechanic:Area ControlRoute/Network BuildingTrading
# of Players:2 - 4
Playing time:60 min
Phone: 0753 323 452 / 0264 434 137
Adress: str. Milton Lehrer 20, Cluj-Napoca.
Traders & Barbarians is distributed as the third major expansion for The Settlers of Catan, although it is actually a compilation of small expansions and variants. (It is independent of the Seafarers and Cities & Knights expansions, but can be combined with them.)
This compilation includes 5 scenarios:
- The Fishermen of Catan – Expanded in this edition.
- The Rivers of Catan – Expanded in this edition to include two rivers, one occupying 4 tiles, and one occupying 3.
- The Great Caravan – Originally released as a free expansion in Germany.
- Barbarian Invasion – Barbarians are invading Catan and the players have to try to stop them with new knight pieces
- Traders & Barbarians – You get new hexes, one for the castle, one to produce glass, and one to produce marble. You try to rebuild Catan after the invasion. You get gold and victory points if you finish tasks in the castle, but to do so you have to travel back and forth to the castle on roads and undeveloped paths. There are still some barbarians around who interfere with trade routes.
It also includes 4 minor variants:
- 2-Player Rules – Use the new “Commercial Chips” to force trade with your opponent. Use 3rd and 4th neutral player to block your opponent
- Catan Event Cards – Replaces the dice with a deck of cards to minimize randomness.
- The Harbormaster Card – Gives two victory points to the player with the most harbor points.
- Friendly Robber Rules
Continut preluat de pe boardgamegeek.com